Program Coordinator SIA North Haven
Supervise and coordinate participant services and supports to ensure individual outcomes are met.
Assist and support the Program Manager in the management and coordination of program services in assigned geographical area. Assist to ensure operations are in compliance with agency policies and all regulatory requirements. Supervise and train assigned staff. Promote community awareness of agency services.
High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor degree in related field preferred. Minimum of two years of experience in related field with supervisory experience a plus. Must be able to provide leadership in a team setting utilizing community based resources. Must be over 21 and possess a valid Connecticut driver’s license, have an acceptable driving history and be able to utilize your own vehicle for SARAH business as defined by SARAH Inc.’s policy.
STAFF ASSIGNED: Direct Support Professionals, Other staff as assigned
· Develop, implement and ensure quality program/employment service outcomes in the individual plan of service. Facilitate employment, transportation and other program activities that meet service participant outcomes and ensure compliance with all agency policies and regulatory requirements.
· Assist manager in the overall management and coordination of program services including transportation to ensure compliance with all agency policies and regulatory requirements.
· Supervise, assign work, and evaluate assigned employee’s performance.
· Ensure accurate and timely completion of billing, attendance and other similar financial duties as required.
· Generate, compile and maintain all required documentation and case files. Write and submit professional quality reports in a timely manner.
· Identify, negotiate, monitor and evaluate employment/ program supports and accommodations. Complete DOL time studies as required.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with service participants, caregivers, employers, state agencies and other stakeholders.
· Promote community awareness of SARAH Inc. services.
· Write and submit professional quality reports in a timely manner.
· Ensure the safety and well-being of Service Participants at all times.
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of person-centered, outcome-based services for people with differing abilities
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements and standards
- Knowledge of community resources
- Skill in supervising and training staff in a positive manner
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Skill in problem solving and decision making
- Skill in working with people with differing abilities
- Skill in operating standard office equipment, computer and various software packages
- Skill in implementing programs & activities as outlined in the individual support plan
- Skill in communicating effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Skill in writing clearly and concisely to maintain accurate records
- Ability to read and understand policies and regulations and to translate general guidelinesin to specific action.
- Ability to read and understand budgets and financial information
- Ability to attend to the physical and personal needs of adults with differing abilities
- Ability to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide guidance and instruction to adults with significant challenges
- Ability to work successfully, both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use adaptive and other equipment
- Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to varying locations as needed
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT: Must be able to sit, stand and walk at an assigned location(s) and work for extended periods of time; bend/stoop, kneel and balance frequently; climb, reach above shoulder level; push/pull, squat and crouch occasionally; with assistance, lift, carry and position individuals of various weight. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to drive multi-passenger vehicles for extended periods throughout the day.
SARAH Inc.’s offices, facilities, grounds and vehicles are smoke-free environments.