Physical Therapist part time – 20 hours/week
We at SARAH Inc. KIDSTEPS are seeking a part time Physical Therapist to provide services and support to infants, toddlers, and their families enrolled in the KIDSTEPS Birth to Three Program at SARAH Inc. Early intervention programs such as ours will provide you with the enriching experience of helping children reach their maximum potential. SARAH Inc, KIDSTEPS will invest in you and offers competitive wages, benefits, and schedules. Join our team and help us ensure the development and implementation of activities that are family-centered and promote positive outcomes for persons served.
Provide services and support to infants, toddlers, and their families enrolled in the KIDSTEPS Birth to Three Program at SARAH Inc. Ensure the development and implementation of activities that are family-centered and promote positive outcomes for persons served.
BA from accredited college or university in related field required. MA preferred. Must possess and maintain valid Connecticut licensure or certification per CT State Birth to Three professional regulations, or B23 certification #123 as an early Intervention Specialist. Must have a physical therapy license by Department of Public Health. Experience in children and family services with a focus on Early Intervention preferred. Must have a valid United States driver’s license with an acceptable driving history as defined by SARAH Inc.’s policy. Must have internet access, cell phone, and reliable transportation. Requires License by the Department of Public Health under §20-195n C.G.S or Department of Education certificate endorsement #071. Bi-lingual preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Evaluate and assess children and families to assist with and plan, develop, implement, and review curriculums and IFSP's that will meet the individual developmental needs of young children and their families.
• Complete and maintain records in accordance with applicable regulations and as assigned.
• Performs functions of service coordinator as assigned including ensuring that Early Intervention services achieve desired outcomes for families and children served and meet the standards as established by the state’s quality assurance team.
• Communicate effectively through a family-centered philosophy, and respect for cultural diversity manner with families, staff, and community representatives.
• Comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, guidelines and best practices providing Birth to Three early intervention services.
• Participates in periodic regional, staff and team meetings with early intervention professionals.
• Assist in promoting and supporting community awareness and relationships of SARAH Inc. and KIDSTEPS.
• Supervise Early Intervention Associates according to CT Birth to Three Policies and Procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of early intervention best practices, childhood development, family systems, and disabilities
• Knowledge of community resources
• Skill in working with families and children with differing abilities
• Skill in planning and organizing
• Sill in problem solving and decision making
• Skill in operating standard office equipment, computer and various software packages
• Skill in communicating effectively in a courteous and professional manner
• Skill in writing clearly and concisely to maintain accurate records
• Ability to read and understand policies and regulations and to translate general guidelines in to specific action
• Ability to demonstrate good communication, cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills necessary to provide guidance and instruction to families
• Ability to work successfully, both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to use adaptive and other equipment
• Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude
• Ability to work flexible hours and drive/travel to varying locations as needed.
Part Time: 20 hrs./week TBD
Location: Norwich, CT